= Member Content
ALL software Stories
Social task management tool Jive acquired last year becomes free as a standalone app. Integration with the Jive platform to follow.
Microsoft users expect Windows 8.1 to lessen the learning curve for the new OS. But it may not be as bad as you fear, two education customers report.
SAP's renamed Lumira visual module, mobile upgrades and the Hana platform are uniting the customer experience.
After spending two weeks on a touchscreen laptop, I've revisited my initial assumptions about Windows 8. But don't kid yourself: Joe and Jane user...
Businesses beware: Employees prefer using Facebook to SharePoint and other IT-driven collaboration platforms, finds global study by Avanade U.K.
Driverless cars are closer to reality than you think. Here are some impacts they might have on the insurance industry.
Tableau Software and Marketo ride hot trends to bank millions with IPOs that post big gains in their first day of trading.
In two weeks, I learned plenty about the pros and cons of Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch, a high-end Windows 8 ultrabook.
If actionable business insight, the stuff of BI legend, is the Mt. Everest summit, know this: There's little point to building or buying a better...
Yahoo is making a billion-dollar play for Tumblr -- and for increased relevancy.
Driven by the consumer market, video surveillance is the next big data challenge.
Thanks to new apps and smaller, cheap devices, Windows 8 is primed for a rebound -- if Windows 8.1 delivers.
Schools CTO who picked iPad in his last job says things have changed.
ServiceNow users share their experience with the SaaS offering. One uses IT service management for compliance and IT automation; the other has...
U.K. needs to plow the valuable public-sector data it collects back into better services and drive economic growth, says study commissioned by the...
At Google I/O, Google arrived late to the music party and did not have enough to say about vertical industries and mobile commerce.
European hardware maker unveils two new devices to support companies' need for powerful, multimedia-capable terminals.
Companies are too afraid of risk, among other factors, according to Accenture.
Windows 8 will do better with consumers than IT departments, says Forrester report.
Google Maps, Search and Google+ changes stand out among news announced at Google I/O thus far. Take a closer look.
SAP adapts its Business Suite to Hana in record time, but customers may want more proof of success before migrating mission-critical apps.
At Google I/O, Google rolls out new photo, editing and other features for its Google+ social platform, in search of new momentum.
Michael Dell and his plan to take the company private may benefit if quarterly earnings miss Wall Street's expectations.
Switching from Google Apps to Microsoft Office 365, you will find good and bad surprises. But overall, Microsoft's Web apps make the migration...
Data centers have new storage options, but "new" isn't always "better."
- Considerations for Choosing the Right Platform for Linux Workloads
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Distilling Hadoop Patterns of Use and How You Can Use Them to Get Started Today
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- Anytime, Anywhere: Mobile applications are the new way to extend government information and services to on-the-go citizens and employees.
- Big Changes For U.S. Intelligence: New initiative aims to shift the 17-member Intelligence Community from agency-specific IT silos to an enterprise environment of shared systems and services.
- Read the Current Issue
- Improve quality and increase your business agility with automated testing
- DevOps for a New Millennium: A Lifecycle Perspective Supporting Business Growth in an Altered Economy
- Design matters: Collaborate, automate, innovate and be agile
- A mobile application development primer
- The Future of Email and Application is Social