ALL security Stories
U.S. CIO VanRoekel says future for government is one where mobile is the default computing platform; highlights accomplishments of Digital...
Bipartisan report argues that businesses should be allowed to retrieve stolen intellectual property from attackers' networks.
Amazon cloud performance monitoring system goes a step further than competitors with specialized version that complies with federal security...
Authentication measure comes in wake of Syrian Electronic Army account hacks, further security steps coming.
Dropbox says any off-the-shelf or homegrown identity management system that's compatible with the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)...
Google demonstrated a network of wireless environmental sensors at its I/O conference last week. These sensors, combined with projects like Google...
Why do bad breaches happen to good companies? Here's a look at the most frequent causes.
Detective accused of hiring hackers to obtain webmail access credentials for 30 targets, accessing federal crime-information database without...
Attackers were after U.S. government surveillance requests for undercover Chinese operatives, say former government officials.
Guantanamo Bay Naval Base authorities turn off Wi-Fi and social media after Anonymous threatened to shut them down.
FedRAMP compliance means federal agencies can now access Amazon Web Services almost immediately, without spending months on their own...
Multi-year hacking campaign targeted mining companies, legal firms, Pakistan, Angolan dissidents and others in Pakistan, the U.S., Iran, China and...
If a full-on cyber war breaks out, what will your company do? Avoid the Internet or hire a cyber Pinkerton?
Skyscape Cloud Services will partner with Indian consulting group Tata to provide security for U.K.'s new online criminal background check system.
Yahoo breach could have compromised 10% of all Yahoo user credentials. Meanwhile, Syrian Electronic Army targets The Financial Times.
Color-coded password-strength meters nudge users to improve the strength of their important passwords, but have little effect on unimportant ones,...
Defense Department and Google pilot test seeks more secure ways to authenticate users on commercial cloud services.
Members of Congress want answers about the device and its privacy implications.
Syrian hackers claim to battle American imperialism, media bias and Angelina Jolie.
While mobile network operators are creating a global database to track stolen smartphones, some police say that's not enough. New York's Attorney...
Group's 50-day hacking spree compromised websites run by Sony, CIA, Arizona State Police, Westboro Baptist Church and more.
DHS proposal would give private businesses access to the government's stockpile of zero-day secrets for a fee. But some say the program may...
VMware's BYOD ambitions kick into gear through its partnership with Verizon. But is the virtualization heavyweight making its mobile management...
Four members of Anonymous spinoff faced sentencing Wednesday for leaking data and launching distributed denial of service attacks against Sony,...
FBI expedited security clearances so it could share classified info on Operation Ababil, a distributed denial of service attack that continues to...
Mobile networks, banks, energy companies and other critical infrastructure providers could be required to report all breaches to EU authorities.
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Getting a Grip on Mobile Malware
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Finding the One: Combatting 2013's Most Dangerous Attacks
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- Anytime, Anywhere: Mobile applications are the new way to extend government information and services to on-the-go citizens and employees.
- Big Changes For U.S. Intelligence: New initiative aims to shift the 17-member Intelligence Community from agency-specific IT silos to an enterprise environment of shared systems and services.
- Read the Current Issue
- Managing Threats in the Digital Age
- Finding a Strategic Voice: Insights from the 2012 IBM Chief Information Security Officer Assessment
- Five Steps to Achieve Success in your Application Security Program
- Hybrid Messaging Security Solutions Enhanced Security and Business Flexibility
- The Importance of Managing Privileged Accounts