Many of its students are disadvantaged and living in temporary housing, but this New York City school’s computer lab is making strides.
Here's why software-defined storage won't drive established storage companies out of business.
Hadoop 2.0 will move beyond batch processing to support interactive, online and streaming applications. But don't let warnings about YARN tie you...
SAP's renamed Lumira visual module, mobile upgrades and the Hana platform are uniting the customer experience.
Google must convince enterprise IT managers that its infrastructure-as-a-service offering is a good fit. I am doubtful that Google is ready.
After spending two weeks on a touchscreen laptop, I've revisited my initial assumptions about Windows 8. But don't kid yourself: Joe and Jane user...
If a full-on cyber war breaks out, what will your company do? Avoid the Internet or hire a cyber Pinkerton?
VMware doesn't like the degree to which customers and partners have been implementing cloud using its products, and it's taking matters into its...
How easy-to-use, single-application systems changed the face of computing, communications and business decision-making.
If you have C-suite aspirations, consider these four pieces of advice from the school of hard knocks.
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- Anytime, Anywhere: Mobile applications are the new way to extend government information and services to on-the-go citizens and employees.
- Big Changes For U.S. Intelligence: New initiative aims to shift the 17-member Intelligence Community from agency-specific IT silos to an enterprise environment of shared systems and services.
- Read the Current Issue
- Strategy: Heading Off Advanced Social Engineering Attacks
- Strategy: Building and Maintaining Database Access Control Permissions
- Strategy: Passwords Don't Work. Now What?
- Strategy: How to Conduct an Effective IT Security Risk Assessment
- Strategy: Smartphone Smackdown: Galaxy Note II vs. Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Getting a Grip on Mobile Malware
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
- Quick Tips for Managing Mobile Users